Private Equity Investment Approach
Through many years of experience investing in multifamily assets, we have developed a Core Investment Discipline that serves as the backbone of the KRI Partners business model and guides all investment decisions. This disciplined private equity investment approach to investing has allowed us to deliver extraordinary risk-adjusted returns to our partners through many real estate cycles, including the Great Recession of 2008-2009 and the Pandemic of 2020.
CORE INVESTMENT DISCIPLINE GUIDING PRINCIPALS:
- Make honesty and integrity the foundation for everything we do.
- Make sure our goals are aligned with our investors’ goals.
- Provide complete transparency to our investors.
- Select only projects that offer significant potential; don't pursue marginal deals just to have a deal.
- Perform extensive and focused due diligence on all projects, mitigate the relevant risks.
- Develop multiple exit strategies in anticipation of changing market conditions.
- Execute the planned exit strategy as quickly as possible to maximize ROI to partners and investors.
Differentiating Factors – Why Invest with KRI?
There are several things that set us apart from our peers. They include:
- Our Experience
- Our Core Investment Discipline
- Our Business and Operating Culture
- Deal Sourcing Advantage
These factors, when considered together, have
allowed KRI to realize extraordinary risk-adjusted
returns for their investors and partners.
In this business, there is no substitute for experience. We are proud to be able to say that our management team has a combined 50+ years experience in the real estate, private equity and lending arenas. We have been involved in transactions valued at more than 12 billion. Our deep experience includes operational, financial, legal, credit and transaction experience. This broad depth of experience has enabled us to earn extraordinary historical returns for our partners and investors through both up and down real estate cycles.
Our internally developed Core Investment Discipline sets us apart from our competition and is one of the main reasons we have historically earned extraordinary returns for our partners and investors. This discipline is followed on each and every project.
Our culture is based on the principles of trust, integrity, professionalism and respect. We hold these principles in the highest regard and apply them to every relationship and every part of our organization. This includes our internal relationships with members of our team as well as our external relationships with investors, sellers, brokers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
Deal Sourcing Advantage
We work very hard to find suitable opportunities. We are on the ground every day in our target markets. We constantly call on property owners and work our local networks which allows us to find off-market, difficult and complex deals at fair prices and terms.
We are proud to be able to say that our management team has a combined 50+ years experience in the real estate, private equity and lending arenas. We have been involved in transactions valued at more than 12 billion. Our deep experience includes operational, financial, legal, credit and transaction experience. This broad depth of experience has enabled us to earn extraordinary historical returns for our partners and investors through both up and down real estate cycles.
Value Added Approach to Managing Projects
Although we will consider partnering with a local operator, we generally prefer to manage our properties in-house. This is because
we have extensive experience operating apartment properties and generally are able to bring significant value through physical
improvements and the implementation of proven operating best practices.
- Pursue Underperforming Assets & Repositioning Opportunities
- Utilize Local Networks & Local Knowledge
- Develop Strategic Plan
- Define Exit Strategies
- Negotiate Terms
- Local Market Knowledge
- Focused Due Diligence
- Identify & Mitigate Risks
- Detailed Analysis - Credit, Market & Property Review
- Adhere to Strict Core Investment Discipline
- Finalize Tax, Debt & Equity Structures
- Structure Must Support Strategic Plan
- Provide Flexibility For Timely Exit